NetCraftsmen seeks a Senior Engineer to act as consultant and trusted advisor for networking as well as many other aspects of IT to our client, a federal government agency in the Washington, DC area. To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have solid Cisco networking knowledge and experience, but also a broad IT background and the ability to speak to all aspects of technology.
You will need:
The ideal candidate will have experience with MANY of the following technologies, which you will touch in this role:
- Good verbal and written technical communication skills, including the ability to present technical information in ways that make sense for the customer.
- The ability to lead technical teams and to represent the client at senior level meetings.
- Expertise with routing & switching as well as firewalls.
(Your answer will automatically be saved when you submit your information on the right)
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related discipline OR equivalent experience.
- In-depth technical and business understanding of the working environment.
- Expert knowledge of enterprise network design/configuration/operations/management.
- A proven ability to create solutions in complex environments.
- Experience with and knowledge of Cisco UC technologies.
- Experience preparing technical and business analyses as well as budgets.
Preferred but not required:
- Cisco: routers, switches, and firewalls, including ASA, Global Site Selector, Network Registrar, 6500, 3750, 4500, 1800, 2800, 3800, 7206, 7500, Unified Communications Manager, Unity, Presence, Unified Mobility, Meeting Place Express, IPCC Express, IP Phones, Wireless LAN, IPS 4240, MARS, Cisco Works, ACS.
- Infoblox: DNS, DHCP, DNS Sec.
- BIND: DNS.
- F5: Big-IP.
- CA: eHealth, Spectrum.
- Telco: ISDN, Voice, MPLS, WAN, T1, T3, Broadband wireless.
- Protocols: EIGRP, Spanning Tree, Multicast, BGP, GigE, 10GigE.
You also will need to be able to pass a federal "position of public trust" background check. This role is a staff augmentation position, and you will spend the vast majority of your time at our client's site in downtown Washington, DC.
- Experience in government environments.
- Knowledge of IT security; a CCSA or CISSP would be a plus.
- The ability to create bills of materials for projects. Experience with Netformx's DesignXpert preferred.
- Master's degree in Telecommunications Management or related technical field.
- Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP)
For MANY more details and to further pursue this postion, please see our detailed job posting here: http://netcraftsmen.jobinfo.com/public/description.lasso?jid=9900629&refid=15